[Met_help] Comment on V1.1 Makefile.ibm

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Tue Jul 15 11:52:18 MDT 2008

Matt,

Since support for the IBM is new, I've only tried building with xlC and xlf.  If you are successful building with the GNU compilers on an IBM, please let me know.  In particular, I'd like to know if
any additional or different compiler options were required.

I'll go ahead and change those default paths to say:
CXX          = /set/this/path/to/xlC
FC           = /set/this/path/to/xlf
NETCDF_BASE  = /set/this/path/to/netcdf
BUFR_BASE    = /set/this/path/to/bufrlib
GSL_BASE     = /set/this/path/to/gsl
F2C_BASE     = /set/this/path/to/libf2c

Good luck,
John