[Met_help] Precip Question

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Mon Jul 14 13:05:23 MDT 2008

Luke,

I've been in contact with another user of MET who is looking for gridded analyses (observations) of precip outside of the US.  I looked through my notes and believe that you've been using CMORPH
satellite data for this.  We you successful in using it with MET?

If so, I'm wondering if I could refer this user to you directly.  Perhaps you could give him some basic instructions for how you went about massaging the CMORPH data for use in MET.  Right now he has
it in binary format, but doesn't know where to go from there.  Perhaps one or both of you could provide me with some basic instructions for using CMORPH data that I could post to the MET website.

Would it be alright for me to refer him to you about this?

Thanks for your help,
John Halley-Gotway
johnhg at ucare.du