[Met_help] Problems with compiling pb2nc . . . even with the patch

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Wed Jul 9 08:42:07 MDT 2008

Joe,

We're actually getting ready to release the next version of MET - version 1.1 by the end of the week.  We're basically just finalizing the updates to the User's Guide now.  Why don't you try building
a beta version of this next release and see if you're still having the same problems.  We can keep our fingers crossed that the problem will have been resolved.

You can access the beta version at: ftp://ftp.rap.ucar.edu/incoming/irap/johnhg/METv1.1beta9.20080702.tar.gz

The User's Guide in there isn't updated yet for METv1.1.

You'll first copy over Makefile_pgi to Makefile - and then configure that top-level Makefile with the paths to the library dependencies.
Then do: make >& make_met.log

Please let me know how it goes.  If you run into problems with the build, please send back a copy of the Makefile you're using and a copy of the build log (make_met.log).  That'll help diagnose the
problems.

Thanks,
John Halley-Gotway
johnhg at ucar.edu