[Met_help] Precip observations in MET

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Fri Jan 25 13:50:53 MST 2008

Victor,

I took the ASCII point observations you provided and converted them to NetCDF with the tool I'm working on.  I've attached them as an example.

However, the forecast file you provided is in NetCDF format.  MET expects gridded data to be provided in Grib format.  That's why we suggest the use the WRF-PostProcessor to destagger the WRF output
files, interpolate to pressure levels, and write out Grid data.

Do you have your gridded forecasts available in Grib1 format?