[Met_help] Re: Data interface about met program?

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Fri Jan 25 09:23:14 MST 2008

Hello,

Based on the files you sent, I see that the error you're encountering is due to NetCDF.  The linker isn't finding the NetCDF library archive files it's looking for.

I'm hoping that if you make a simple fix in the Makefile and recompile, it'll get past this error.

In the Makefile, look at how the variable NETCDF_LIBS is defined.  List out those directories:
ls /home/users/zhucoffee/wrfnew/netcdf/libs
ls /home/users/zhucoffee/wrfnew/netcdf/include

Do they contain the files libnetcdf.a and libnetcdf_c++.a?

If not, locate those two files in the NetCDF directory.  You can try something like:
cd /home/users/zhucoffee/wrfnew/netcdf
find ./ -name libnetcdf.a
find ./ -name libnetcdf_c++.a

Then reset NETCDF_LIBS to the directory (or directories) that contain them.  And then rebuild MET with something like:
make clean
make >& make_met.log&

Please let me know if that did the trick.

So I'd suggest checking whether the version of NetCDF in /home/users/zhucoffee/wrfnew/netcdf was compiled using the PGI or the GNU compilers.