[Met_help] MET software on Blueice

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Wed Jan 23 00:08:46 MST 2008

Erik,

Sorry for the confusion.  To answer your question, MET would be easiest to
install and run on a 32-bit Linux machine using the GNU compilers.

If you're running on a 64-bit machine, you'll run into problems.  To fix
those problems, you'd need to compile MET and the associated libraries
using the 32-bit compiler options.

Alternatively, if you have access to a 32-bit machine, you could try
building/running MET there.  And you may be able to copy the executables
over to your 64-bit machine.

Sorry again for these 64-bit issues.  Hopefully, once BUFRLIB is able to
work on a 64-bit machine we'll be able to resolve all of these issues.

John