[Met_help] Re: MET FEEDBACK from Dan Schaffer (fwd)

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Wed Jan 9 11:14:13 MST 2008

Dan,

Ah, I think I understand now.  You were trying to read gridded data in NetCDF format.  Currently, we really only support gridded data in Grib format.  In future releases however, we do plan to support
NetCDF format more fully.  The pcp_cobmine tool does write out data in NetCDF format which can be read in by Grid_Stat or MODE.  However, they expect that any NetCDF files are the output of
pcp_combine with all the variables and dimensions included as such.  In a future release, we plan to select a NetCDF convention to support so that we'll be able to handle NetCDF much better.

For the time being, your stuck with either using Grib data or piecing something together to handle your flavor of NetCDF, as you did.

Thanks for following up on that.  I appreciate it.
John