[Met_help] METv1.0 compile problem...

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Wed Feb 27 15:05:38 MST 2008

Ron,

Looking at the log file you sent, I see that when PB2NC is being built, the linker can't find the BUFR library.

It looks like in the Makefile you're using, you've set the BUFR_LIBS parameter to "/usr/local/bufrlib".

Please check that directory for the existence of the file, "libbufr.a".  If the file /usr/local/bufrlib/libbufr.a doesn't exist, try looking around for it.  Once you locate it, reset the BUFR_LIBS
parameter to the directory that contains libbufr.a and rebuild.

Please let me know if this solves your problem or if you experience more difficulty.

Thanks.  Hopefully, we can get this figured out.

John Halley-Gotway