[Met_help] MET Website Additions

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Mon Feb 4 10:43:21 MST 2008

To All Registered Users of MET:

The MET development team would like to make you aware of some recent changes to the MET website.

First, the website has been redesigned: http://www.dtcenter.org/met/users/index.php

We've also added some write-ups to the documentation section: http://www.dtcenter.org/met/users/docs/overview.php
In particular, the write-up about the "NetCDF Point Observation Format" describes the format for the NetCDF output of the PB2NC tool for version 1.0.  For those users who would like to reformat their
point observations into this format, they may find the write-up useful.

However, please note that we will be modifying this format in the next release of MET (METv1.1) in the spring of 2008.  We'll be removing some unused fields to simplify it.  Also in METv1.1, we'll be
adding a new tool to enable users to reformat their observations from a simple ASCII format into this intermediate NetCDF point observation format.

You can find a list of all the planned additions and modifications for METv1.1 here: http://www.dtcenter.org/met/users/support/future_releases/METv1.1/METv1.1_plans.php

Also, you can find a listed of the known issues and fixes for METv1.0 here: http://www.dtcenter.org/met/users/support/known_issues/METv1.0/METv1.0_known_issues.php

Thanks,
The MET Development Team

Note: If you'd like to be removed from this email distribution list please let us know, we'll be happy to remove you.