[Met_help] known problem but not solution for pb2nc on a 64-bit machine (UNCLASSIFIED)

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Thu Dec 18 17:08:29 MST 2008

Barb,

I was finally able to compile in 32-bit mode on our machine here.  I had to get the sys admins install a package to our Linux machine that enabled me to compile in 32-bit mode.  And after building
BUFRLIB, NetCDF, GSL, and the cwordsh utility using the -m32 flag, I was able to build MET and run the PB2NC tool on the sample PREPBUFR data without encountering the error you're seeing.  So I think
there's hope!

When I get a chance, I'll send along the steps I took to compile each of the libraries in 32-bit mode.  I'm headed out the door right now, but I wanted to let you know where we are.