[Met_help] known problem but not solution for pb2nc on a 64-bit machine (UNCLASSIFIED)

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Thu Dec 11 11:15:53 MST 2008

Barb,

I'm sure we could run that for you and generate the NetCDF output of
PB2NC.  The only issue is that the file is no longer available on the ftp
site you indicated:
ftp://ftpprd.ncep.noaa.gov/pub/data/nccf/com/nam/prod/ndas.20081210/ndas.t12z.prepbufr.tm12.nr

They only have the last 24 hours or so of data available on that page.
Hopefully, you've stored a copy of that file yourself locally.  If so,
please follow the instructions below for posting it to our anonymous ftp
site.  If not, let me know and I can probably retrieve that file from
NCEP's machines.

Instructions for anonymous ftp site:
- go to the directory containing the file "ndas.t12z.prepbufr.tm12.nr"
- ftp ftp.rap.ucar.edu
- username = anonymous
- password = "your email address"
- cd incoming/irap/johnhg
- put ndas.t12z.prepbufr.tm12.nr
- (after the transfer is complete) bye

Please write to let us know when you've posted the file, and we can
convert it for you.  After we convert the file, we'll just post it to that
same ftp site, and you can retrieve it from there.