[Met_help] Re: netcdf data for use with MET verification software

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Wed Dec 10 13:51:03 MST 2008

Linlin,

Unfortunately, MET will still not be able to read the NetCDF output of WRF
directly.  The model outputs its fields on a grid that's staggered in the
horizontal and in eta levels in the vertical.  However, MET performs
verification on regular grids and pressure levels in the vertical.

So users will still be required to post-process their model output using
the WRF Post-Processor or ARW-Post prior to verification.