[Met_help] MODE

Barbara Brown bgb at ucar.edu
Fri Aug 8 09:46:49 MDT 2008

Dear James,

Our technical experts for MET are out of the office today, so I can only
give you a partial answer.

I think the answer to your first question is quite simple - you should
be able to use any dummy file (e.g., the same model forecast) for the
"observations" when you run MODE.  MODE outputs the simple object
attributes automatically, so you should be able to pull those out of the
ascii output files pretty easily using the MODE-analysis tool.

For the second question, I am afraid we'll have to wait until John
Halley Gotway is back in the office.  He'll return on August 14.  I'll
also check with others in the group to see if they have an answer for you.

Best regards,
Barbara Brown
Barbara G. Brown                 Phone: (303) 497-8468
NCAR/P.O. Box 3000               FAX: (303) 497-8386
Boulder CO 80307-3000 U.S.A.     e-mail: bgb at ucar.edu