[ISP-mc] NSF BIO synthesis center

Alex Guenther guenther at ucar.edu
Thu Jan 21 10:33:14 MST 2010

I was not interested in taking the lead on this but would be happy to
support an ISP effort.
I suspect that it might be "wired" for someone and it does look alot
like NCEAS as Beth points out- but note that NSF says this solicitation
will establish a new environmental synthesis center.
I agree with Lawrence that we should have a strategy for this and
related interdisciplinary efforts that go beyond the current individual
ISP programs.
Alex