[Hearts-of-GOLD] 2022 summer internships in earth system science at Princeton/NOAA-GFDL

Sonya Legg slegg at princeton.edu
Mon Dec 6 19:39:15 MST 2021

Dear Hearts of GOLD colleagues,

I hope you can share the attached flyer with your networks - We have now
opened applications for summer internships at the NOAA-funded
Cooperative Institute for Modeling the Earth System (CIMES) at Princeton
University and NOAA-GFDL. The application deadline is January 14th 2022.
Details about the projects are listed at
https://cimes.princeton.edu/education-outreach/intern-program. Interns
will receive a $700/week stipend, as well as a housing allowance and
travel expenses. We hope to host interns in-person, although some
projects may be conducted virtually if preferred. We specifically
encourage applications from STEM students will little or no prior
research experience, since the goal of the program is to broaden
participation in earth system science. We have had successful applicants
from some of your institutions in past years - please encourage your
students to apply this year. This year's projects are largely physical
science based, so would suit students who have taken course-work in
physical sciences and engineering - no earth system science necessary!

Please share this information with your students and network,

Regards

Sonya Legg