[Hearts-of-GOLD] advertising academic jobs to a diverse audience

Grady Dixon pgdixon at fhsu.edu
Mon Oct 12 13:24:59 MDT 2020

Hi, everyone

I am chairing the search committee for a Grad School dean at my institution. Our HR office contracts with a service (DiversityJobs.com) to post our jobs at the following sites:

  1.  www.veteranjobs.net<http://www.veteranjobs.net>
  2.  www.disabilityjobs.net<http://www.disabilityjobs.net>
  3.  www.blackcareers.org<http://www.blackcareers.org>
  4.  www.wehirewomen.com<http://www.wehirewomen.com>
  5.  www.africanamericanhires.com<http://www.africanamericanhires.com>
  6.  www.allhispanicjobs.com<http://www.allhispanicjobs.com>
  7.  www.asianhires.com<http://www.asianhires.com>
  8.  www.allLGBTjobs.com<http://www.allLGBTjobs.com>
  9.  www.overfiftyjobs.com<http://www.overfiftyjobs.com>
  10. www.nativeJobs.org<http://www.nativeJobs.org>

These are not limited to academic jobs, and I am skeptical of the efficacy. Do any of you have experience with these sites or have recommendations for other outlets?

I will share the job ad with this group once it is posted later this week.
P. Grady Dixon
Professor and Dean,
Werth College of Science, Technology, and Mathematics
Fort Hays State University
pgdixon at fhsu.edu
he/him/his