[Grad-postdoc-assn] Fwd: Training opp in STEM Ed

Scott Briggs sbriggs at ucar.edu
Mon Mar 13 11:57:52 MDT 2023

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Libarkin, Julie <libarkin at msu.edu>
Date: Mon, Mar 13, 2023 at 10:12 AM
Subject: Training opp in STEM Ed
To: <GEOED-RESEARCH at list.msu.edu>

Hello,

We are very excited to announce that we are now accepting applications for
our one-year mixture modeling training program. If you are an early career,
discipline-based educational researcher (DBER) interested in learning how
to apply mixture models to your equity-focused research questions, we
encourage you to apply to a unique training opportunity funded by the
National Science Foundation. Mixture modeling is an advanced quantitative
method that supports researchers to address questions around diversity,
equity, and inclusion. The training provides virtual training and year-long
mentoring to help fellows integrate mixture modeling in their own research.
A learning outcome of this training is for participants to use mixture
modeling to explore their own data. Please check out our website
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/mm4dbers.education.ucsb.edu/mixture-modeling-training__;!!HXCxUKc!zbCg4gh5KTVyd2itX_wDGQYOPLpQ_mPOhY_G_xufnxvMAQE09LtJkEWINAUxfXhtbT09aPj01c1lmXRwF-Xrf101$>
or twitter (@mm4dbers
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/twitter.com/mm4dbers__;!!HXCxUKc!zbCg4gh5KTVyd2itX_wDGQYOPLpQ_mPOhY_G_xufnxvMAQE09LtJkEWINAUxfXhtbT09aPj01c1lmXRwF5tBZp-P$>)
for more information. Dr. Karen Nylund-Gibson (mm4dbers at education.ucsb.edu)
can be contacted with any questions.

Please feel free to forward this announcement to any colleagues that you
think would be interested.

--
Scott Briggs (he/him/his)
Administrator

Advanced Study Program
Education, Engagement and Early-Career Development
National Center For Atmospheric Research
*phone: 303.497.1607*