[Grad-postdoc-assn] Present a poster at the 15th Annual ESSS Poster Conference (Friday, Dec. 3 - SEEC C120)

Valerie Sloan vsloan at ucar.edu
Thu Oct 14 09:05:59 MDT 2021

Good morning, everyone, Happy Thursday!

Please see this opportunity to present a poster at this in-person
conference in Boulder on Dec. 3rd. Poster judges are needed, too. This is a
good opportunity to: (a) motivate yourself to get to a milestone with your
research and present it (or present a problem/hurdle), and (b) to network
with people.  SEEC is located on East Campus near Foothills Pkwy and
Colorado Ave. Poster judges are needed, too. See email below and attached
poster.

Also - this keynote seminar sounds like it will be very interesting. I plan
to go and hear her speak, and would love to see you and your poster there.
- Val

*A keynote seminar by Dr. Cecilia Sorensen, M.D.
<https://www.publichealth.columbia.edu/people/our-faculty/cjs2282> (Columbia
University) will kick off the conference at 10:30am, with the poster
session immediately following from 11:30am–2:30pm. **Dr. Sorensen is an
Associate Professor at Columbia University and is rostered in both the
School of Public Health and the Department of Emergency Medicine. Dr.
Sorensen also serves as Director of the Global Consortium on Climate and
Health Education and as an author for the U.S. Fourth National Climate
Assessment. Her research covers domestic as well as international health
issues related to climate change, including topics such as heat stress and
worker health in Guatemala, wildfires and health care utilization, the
emergence of the Zika virus in Ecuador, climate impacts on women's health
in India, and mortality following Hurricane Maria.*