[Grad-postdoc-assn] Professional development event: How to write a (better) DEI statement?

Anna-Lena Deppenmeier deppenme at ucar.edu
Fri Aug 13 14:32:29 MDT 2021

Good morning,

Please join us on Thursday, August 19 at 9:30 am MT for the NCAR Fellows
Postdoctoral Professional Development Series event:

How to write a (better) DEI statement?

Our wonderful DEI office staff Carolyn Brinkworth
<https://www.ucar.edu/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion/office/about-carolyn-brinkworth>
 and Kristen Aponte
<https://www.ucar.edu/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion/office/about-kristen-luna-aponte>
will give
us guidelines on how to write a (better) DEI statement. Afterwards we will
have the time to go through our statements and get some feedback, so *bring
your drafts along*!

You can find us on zoom:
NCAR E&O + ASP is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Professional Development - DEI Statement Workshop
Time: Aug 19, 2021 09:30 AM Mountain Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86824862905

Meeting ID: 868 2486 2905
Passcode: GetSmart!
One tap mobile
+16699009128,,86824862905#,,,,*818910308# US (San Jose)
+12532158782,,86824862905#,,,,*818910308# US (Tacoma)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 868 2486 2905
Passcode: 818910308
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kIJztfulF

You will also find a google calendar invitation in your inboxes in a bit.

On behalf of the professional development team,
Anna

--
Anna-Lena Deppenmeier (she/her/hers
<https://www.mypronouns.org/what-and-why>)

I acknowledge that the land I live and work on is the Traditional Territory
of the Arapaho, Cheyenne, Sioux, and Ute. Colorado's Front Range
<https://native-land.ca/> is a contemporary and traditional site of trade
and gathering for many Indigenous peoples.

Click here <https://informationisbeautiful.net/beautifulnews/>, if you made
it through the signature and need a pick-me-up.