[Grad-postdoc-assn] Research Proposal Events Survey (and Mock Review Panel)

Xiyue (Sally) Zhang sallyz at ucar.edu
Fri May 22 16:37:27 MDT 2020

Dear postdocs and graduate students,

Thank you for filling out the survey. Among *27 respondents*, more than
half would like to write proposals at some point, and a quarter have
proposal calls in mind already. About 90% of you want to learn how writing
and reviewing proposals work.

We have decided to hold a *mock proposal review panel* in *mid-June*, which
will allow you to:
- Learn how proposals are reviewed before writing one
- See real examples of funded proposal packages
- Have your proposals reviewed by early-career scientists
- Review proposal packages
- Join the review panel to experience how proposal reviews are conducted
- Talk to Manda Adams, NSF Program Manager

For more information, see the attachment.

You can join without writing proposals this time, and *only serve as a
reviewer* (still fill out your research topics). If you want to write a
proposal but need more time, it can also be a Letter of Intent instead of
the full package.

If you're interested, please fill out the form here
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/193J_0WS9UfVQrWjpxhdyRKhhT76xdg1_asCBPJkxhNI/edit#gid=0>
by
*Wed 5/27* so we can finalize the participants. Remember to also fill out
the "Availability" sheet so we can find a time slot that works for you.

We will likely hold a proposal writing workshop in July. Please stay tuned!

Best,
Sally