[Grad-postdoc-assn] Super Science Saturday!

Valerie Sloan vsloan at ucar.edu
Fri Sep 20 10:49:35 MDT 2019

Dear grad students and postdocs,

Help out at this wonderful event on November 2nd. It is my favorite event
of the year, and rivals the Mythbusters exhibit that was once at the Denver
Museum of Nature and Science. Super Science Saturday
<https://scied.ucar.edu/events/2019-super-science-saturday>
has oodles of hands-on activities, including:

   - CSU Little Shop of Physics
   - Hands-on activity tables
   - The NCAR Wizard show
   - NCAR 3D visualization demos
   - CU Museum of Natural History <https://www.colorado.edu/cumuseum/>
   - Balloon Launches by Vaisala

Here is the ad from Staff Notes:

Come Join The Fun! Volunteer For Super Science Saturday! November 2nd

Join the UCAR Center for Science Education (SciEd) for our spectacular
Super Science Saturday Event on Nov. 2nd! This year's theme is AIR
EVERYWHERE!

UCAR/NCAR/UCP staff help to make the event fun, meaningful, and informative
by greeting the public, providing general information and engaging the
public in simple science education activities. Please consider volunteering
for one of the following shifts: 9:30 am – 1:00 pm and/or 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm

Click on the link to sign up to volunteer with us at this amazing event:
https://forms.gle/sncmiNtGXc3UnHPA9

-- Val