[Grad-postdoc-assn] Snowshoeing!

Rosimar Rios-Berrios rberrios at ucar.edu
Tue Jan 29 16:20:43 MST 2019

Hi everyone,

We would like to plan a post docs/grad students snowshoeing trip sometime
in February. We will decide on a location depending on weather and snow
conditions, but top options for now are Brainard Lake and Rocky Mountains
National Park. To help us plan, please indicate your
availability/preference in this Doodle poll
<https://doodle.com/poll/hf9ue8za9g5ew5gs> by Monday, February 4th. Most
days in the poll are on weekends, except for Feb 18 which is a holiday.
Please also mention in the comments if you are willing to drive and how
many people you can fit in your car besides yourself.

Logistics: We will have more specifics after we pick a date. For now, you
should know that we will hike/walk for a distance to be determined (3-6
miles, depending on your preference) with a snack/lunch break halfway
through the day. You may or may not need snowshoes depending on snow
conditions - sometimes normal hiking boots suffice. You can rent snowshoes
at multiple locations (e.g., Crystal Ski, REI) in Boulder the day before or
the day we plan to go snowshoeing. Usual rent cost is between $12-20
depending on where you go. We will plan to meet and car pool from NCAR
Foothills Lab. It should be a fun winter activity with opportunity to
socialize with other post docs/grad students/visitors!

Let us know if you have questions. Feel free to invite others!

ASP Networking Committee

--
*Rosimar Rios-Berrios*