[Grad-postdoc-assn] Fwd: seeking two postdocs in ice nucleation (field measurement and atmospheric models)

Christina McCluskey cmcclus at ucar.edu
Wed Jul 11 10:55:41 MDT 2018

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Burrows, Susannah <Susannah.Burrows at pnnl.gov>
Date: Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 9:54 PM
Subject: seeking two postdocs in ice nucleation (field measurement and
atmospheric models)
To: Christina McCluskey <cmcclus at ucar.edu>

Dear Christina,

I am looking to hire two postdocs for a project on atmospheric ice nuclei
at PNNL.  Would you please share this with potential candidates and
encourage them to get in touch with me?

In addition, I would like to mention that the Atmospheric Sciences and
Global Change Division at PNNL is currently hiring a total of 10+
atmospheric, climate, and Earth System Scientists, at ALL levels:
https://www.pnnl.gov/atmospheric/jobs.asp .

Thank you for your time!

Susannah

--

Dear colleagues,

I am looking for two creative, motivated, and collaboration-oriented
postdocs to join a project focused on building a more comprehensive
understanding of the factors controlling variability in observed
atmospheric ice nuclei concentrations.

The project, funded under a 2018 DOE Early Career Award, will analyze data
from recent field campaigns, collect new field observations, and simulate
aerosol emissions, transport, evolution and removal, to advance
process-level understanding of the controls on INP concentrations in both
marine and continental air.

Both modelers and experimentalists are encouraged to apply.

The successful candidates will join the collaborative, interdisciplinary
environment of the Atmospheric Sciences and Global Change (ASGC) Division
at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory.  ASGC leads and contributes to
many of DOE’s major programs in atmospheric, climate and Earth System
sciences, including the DOE’s Energy Exascale Earth System Model (E3SM) and
the Atmospheric Radiation Measurement (ARM) program.  The project will also
offer opportunities for interactions with a strong network of external
collaborators.

PNNL offers excellent pay and benefits, and emphasizes work-life balance.

Candidates should apply through the posted job listings by August 6, or
until the positions are filled:

Modelling atmospheric ice-nucleating particle sources and concentrations
<https://pnnl.jibeapply.com/jobs/308090?lang=en-us>

Measurements of Ice nucleation and aerosol chemistry associated with
agricultural soils <https://pnnl.jibeapply.com/jobs/308091?lang=en-us> .

The positions will start as soon as the successful candidates can begin
work.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions about these two
postdoctoral positions, or to notify me of the submission of your
application, at: susannah.burrows at pnnl.gov

Best regards,

Dr. Susannah Burrows

Research Scientist

Atmospheric Sciences and Global Change Division

Pacific Northwest National Laboratory

--
*Christina S. McCluskey, Ph.D. *
cmcclus at ucar.edu