[Go-essp-tech] Updating the obsolete IDP Whitelist.

Prashanth Dwarakanath pchengi at nsc.liu.se
Sat Mar 1 07:52:53 MST 2014

Hello,

One of the main inconsistencies across the ESGF nodes is the IDP
whitelist.  Many sites don't have the newer entries while several obsolete
and no-longer functional entries continue to pollute the file. The
'official' list of IDP servers is found here:
https://github.com/ESGF/esgf.github.io/wiki/ESGF_IdPs

It contains entries for both the current p2p system as well as its
precursor, the gateway, in a bid to have backward compatibility. However,
it must be noted that those that ran gateway services have long since
migrated to the p2p system. Many don't even run those services on those
urls anymore, while others have redirected the urls to the new p2p
instances.

In short, a little housekeeping is in order. I've eliminated the gateway
nodes (which included hosts which no longer exist, such
as dev-hydra.esrl.svc, esg-gw.ornl.teragrid.org, esg.ucar.edu and
ndg3beta.badc.rl.ac.uk) . Please find the updated list attached with this
mail. If any servers have been missed out, I request that they be added to
the list and the wiki updated accordingly.

Regards,
Prashanth Dwarakanath
System Expert
National Supercomputer Center
Linköping, Sweden

--
"If you're not having fun, you're doing something wrong."
-Groucho Marx