[Go-essp-tech] [is-enes2-data] Effort needed to run an ESGF node

Sébastien Denvil sebastien.denvil at ipsl.jussieu.fr
Tue Jul 29 04:23:36 MDT 2014

Hello Martin,

we received this query as well. It's a good idea to provide an IS-ENES
response.

Estimations provided by the document are still accurate to me. Yes it
depends on how much you want to do but it depends also on : "has it been
done before?". If they want to do something that has never been done
before they will have to engage with  development effort to be sure
their requirements are met and they will depend more deeply on how much
"experienced ESGF operators" can provide very detailed support. They
have to somehow secure this. Otherwise the outcome could be disappointing.

regards.
Sébastien