[Go-essp-tech] next generation ESGF publishing services

Cinquini, Luca (3880) Luca.Cinquini at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Mar 20 08:06:59 MDT 2013

Hi Stephen,
	indeed the validation does have an API that you could implement to validate versus any source: XSD, Schematron, etc - see below. Infact, I am already using that same API to validate access control for publishing datasets into projects, although that feature is not enabled yet (waiting common discussion).
The idea is that you would implement your own validator, and wire it in through Spring configuration.

thanks, Luca

package esg.search.publish.validation;

import java.util.List;

import esg.search.core.Record;

public interface RecordValidator {

    /**
     * Method to validate a document containing a single record.
     * @param record : record to be validated as Java object
     * @param errors : list of validation errors (unless an exception is thrown)
     *
     * @throws Exception : if the record validation failed for some reason
     *                     (implying that the record must be considered invalid)
     */
    void validate(Record record, List<String> errors) throws Exception;

}