[Go-essp-tech] Proposal for global attributes for publishing of downscaled datasets on EGSF nodes

martin.juckes at stfc.ac.uk martin.juckes at stfc.ac.uk
Fri Jun 21 10:23:00 MDT 2013

Hello Galia,

One quick comment (before I go on leave): having a version number in the file which uses the same format as the publication version used in CMIP5 (which is supposed to be the date of publication and hence unknown when the file is created) is likely to cause confusion. There is already a creation_date attribute, so the proposed version number adds no information. The difficulty with "how the author describes their data" is the same as with the publication date: it depends on factors which may be beyond the control or knowledge of the person producing the data file.

Regards,
Martin