[Go-essp-tech] Proposal for global attributes for publishing of downscaled datasets on EGSF nodes

Galia Guentchev galina at ucar.edu
Thu Jun 20 20:04:56 MDT 2013

Dear all,

After a hiatus in our communication I would like to present to you the
current draft version of global attributes to be used to describe
downscaled datasets which are being published on ESG nodes. My
colleagues and I took into consideration all your comments sent via
email and incorporated them in this current version of the document.

We would like to ask you to look at the attributes listed in the first
column (descriptions and notes are included in columns 2 and 3 - all
colored in light purple) of the attached table. The brown colored column
indicates the global attributes used by CORDEX currently. The last 3
columns (colored in green) indicate the global attributes proposed by
Karl Taylor listed there for reference. While we took into account
almost everything proposed by Karl Taylor there are still minor
deviations. We also added some new attributes that we thought are needed
for more detailed description of the predictor or predictand datasets -
these can be seen at the bottom of the list of attributes given in the
first column. The version I am attaching also contains the comments by
Stephanie Legutke which she so kindly provided.

Please consider the current set of global attributes listed in column 1
and send comments at your earliest convenience. We would like to come to
an agreed upon version which can be used by all soon.

Thank you for your kind consideration of this proposal and looking
forward to your comments and/or additions.
Please feel free to forward to whomever might be interested in this topic.

Best regards,
Galia

--
Galia Guentchev, PhD