[Go-essp-tech] GO-ESSP Upcoming Workshop

Williams, Dean N. williams13 at llnl.gov
Mon Apr 8 09:51:28 MDT 2013

Dear GO-ESSP community:

The GO-ESSP Principle Investigators will be hosting a planning meeting in October 2013 to discuss and plan for our next GO-ESSP face-to-face (F2F) workshop, to be held in the spring of 2014. The spring workshop will focus on broad community needs for sustaining our collaborative efforts (such as interoperability, distributed analysis and data mining, metadata, etc.) and bring together technologies and innovations to support, enable and enhance climate and weather research.  As part of the GO-ESSP community your input regarding our future directions are appreciated in the form of short bullet items and can be provided to the address below.

We regret that we cannot convene a GO-ESSP workshop earlier than this, but the current uncertainties regarding Federally funded travel in the US makes near term travel planning problematic.

At the conclusion of our October 2013 committee meeting, we will send out detail information highlighting our findings and request feedback  from the community to help define the direction of the 2014 spring GO-ESSP F2F workshop.

 If you have any concerns or questions, please don’t hesitate in contacting us at go-essp-committee at ucar.edu<mailto:go-essp-committee at ucar.edu>.

Thanks and best regards,

The GO-ESSP Planning Committee

P.S. "Sorry to those who received this e-mail more than once. :-)"