[Go-essp-tech] CMIP5 Grid

Getson, Jacqueline M jackie.m.getson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 10:18:52 MST 2012

Good morning,

I am wondering if you could help me identify the grid that the models are
being run on. Ultimately I need to assign pollen records (points) to each
grid cell.  I assume that I need some way to assign lat/lon coordinates from
the field to their appropriate grid cell. A GIS layer is probably the
easiest way to do this.  As an example, I have downloaded past1000 PFT data
and see that the files have lat/lon.  I am not sure if the lat/long is on a
regular grid or if these are grid corners or centers?

Any help you can provide in understanding/using the grid would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Jackie

Jackie Getson-Hardiman