[Go-essp-tech] Forcings on Historical

Cinquini, Luca (3880) Luca.Cinquini at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Mar 30 15:27:46 MDT 2012

Hi Estani,
If they could republish it would certainly be good - who is in charge of this node ?
Thanks, luca

On Mar 30, 2012, at 3:03 PM, "Estanislao Gonzalez" <gonzalez at dkrz.de<mailto:gonzalez at dkrz.de>> wrote:

Hi,

although this is feasible I wouldn't suggest using such a work around. We have enough exceptions already if you ask me.

I think the most appropriate path would be for NCI to merge the directories together, this could be harder, rename the dataset ids in the esgcet DB, which is trivial, and republish from the DB (meaning no files will be re-scanned), this should be pretty fast.

I think that mapping the names is possible, but will probably cause more problems if the mapping is not done thoroughly (There are other historicalXXX experiments that are legal and should not be mapped to historicalMisc, etc).

But that's just my opinion,
Estani