[Go-essp-tech] Forcings on Historical

Karl Taylor taylor13 at llnl.gov
Fri Mar 30 09:15:07 MDT 2012

Hi Estani,

Yes, the official name for all of these is historicalMisc, and the
different runs should have been identified by a different "p" value in
the "rip", which distinguishes among members of an ensemble.  The DRS
document describes this in more detail.

I *think* these datasets may have been generated prior to the DRS
controlled vocabulary being fully settled, so I haven't raised a stink
about this.  I note that they show up in the old gateway1.3.4 search,
but not in the new p2p search.

Is there some way that the non-conforming experiment names could be
changed, so that users can find these experiments under historicalMisc?