[Go-essp-tech] Data file gaps

Kettleborough, Jamie jamie.kettleborough at metoffice.gov.uk
Wed Mar 21 08:50:54 MDT 2012

Hello Jennifer,

did you check the branch_time of the piControl sections or the
historicalMisc (p1) and historical etc that Ken mentions - I think its
the historical runs that Ken mentions that should have the correct
branch times, with the parent_experiment_id pointing to piControl.  The
branch time is described in one of Karl's documents...
http://cmip-pcmdi.llnl.gov/cmip5/docs/CMIP5_output_metadata_requirements
.pdf - though the most obvious route to this document I know is through
the 'data providers' item on the CMIP5 web page.  Karl - is it worth
makeing this more obviously relevant to data users too?

I don't know whether its worth trying to capture an expanded version of
Kens explanation somewhere for all data users to see.  If it is then
where?

For what its worth branch_time is one of those things that we found
fairly hard to get right when we were producing data.

Jamie