[Go-essp-tech] What is the risk that science is done using 'deprecated' data?

Bryan Lawrence bryan.lawrence at ncas.ac.uk
Fri Mar 9 01:54:39 MST 2012

there are othre setting up digital identificaiton services, we should not. e.g. EPIC ... could we use them?
Cheers
Bryan

> Martin
>
> This problem space seems suitable for EXARCH.  I.E. setting up a digital identication service.  This service would be very long term infrastructure and thus would need to scale to several billions of identifiers plus associated metadata references.
>
> Mark
>

> On 8 Mar 2012, at 17:18, <martin.juckes at stfc.ac.uk> <martin.juckes at stfc.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> > I agree, particularly on the last point.
> >
> > There are a lot of things which could be improved. From a software developers point of view, getting the data providers and data users to agree a set of requirements before starting development would be a good idea -- but we obviously missed the chance to do that, if it ever existed, by several years,
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Martin

Bryan Lawrence
University of Reading:  Professor of Weather and Climate Computing.
National Centre for Atmospheric Science: Director of Models and Data.
STFC: Director of the Centre for Environmental Data Archival.
Ph: +44 118 3786507 or 1235 445012; Web:home.badc.rl.ac.uk/lawrence