[Go-essp-tech] Telco tomorrow 2012-07-24

Stephen Pascoe Stephen.Pascoe at stfc.ac.uk
Mon Jul 23 06:32:37 MDT 2012

Dear all,

We will be holding a GO-ESSP-TECH telco tomorrow at the regular time of
8:00PST.  See below for the agenda or
http://esgf.org/wiki/EsgfCmip5Meetings .  As the first item we will be
planning future telcos so I encourage anyone interested in participating
in future telcos to attend if possible.

Regards,
Stephen Pascoe.

= July 24th, 2012 =

The telco will use the usual phone number: (925) 424-8105 access code
305757# and will be at our regular time: 8:00 am PST

  * Future GO-ESSP-TECH telcos
    * How do we partition the major themes: e.g. operations, software
development, data management and informatics
    * high priority issues to discuss over next few telcos
  * P2P Update
    * P2P upgrade progress
    * Search consistency issues.
    * Operational support for users: Help Desk ?
  * Replication / Versioning Issues.  Main replicating centres report
progress and issues:
    * PCMDI: DRS Structure differences.  Node availability
    * BADC: Restricted connections to datanodes (over HTTP).  GSI
security problems with Globus-Online.  Who's using GridFTP for
replication and who's got GridFTP servers in place?  Variation in
versioning policies across datanodes.
    * DKRZ: ?

  * To be covered time permitting or scheduled for future discussion
    * Aggregations
      * Which aggregations should be harvested ?
      * Should the THREDDS catalogs be restructured ?
    * Enhanced tools
      * Dataset version differencing
      * esgf-search-client Python interface

--