[Go-essp-tech] Dataset versions across CMIP5 Gateways

Sébastien Denvil sebastien.denvil at ipsl.jussieu.fr
Mon Jan 23 02:33:11 MST 2012

Dear all,

browsing gateways from PCMDI, BADC and DKRZ using the underlying facets
of this dataset I observed a strange behaviour.
cmip5.output1.IPSL.IPSL-CM5A-LR.piControl.mon.ocean.Omon.r1i1p1

This dataset have 2 versions, v20110324 and v20111010.

Only the BADC gateway display the latest version. The other two gateways
display the old one and never mentioned the existence of a new version.
I believe this is a major issue due to replication side effects.

Because there isn't any "version" facet it would be important to make
visible every version of a dataset in an homogeneous ways across gateways?

http://cmip-gw.badc.rl.ac.uk/dataset/cmip5.output1.IPSL.IPSL-CM5A-LR.piControl.mon.ocean.Omon.r1i1p1.html
http://pcmdi3.llnl.gov/esgcet/dataset/cmip5.output1.IPSL.IPSL-CM5A-LR.piControl.mon.ocean.Omon.r1i1p1.html
http://ipcc-ar5.dkrz.de/dataset/cmip5.output1.IPSL.IPSL-CM5A-LR.piControl.mon.ocean.Omon.r1i1p1.html

Also selecting the administration tab from the DKRZ gateway I can read
the following:
Groups authorized for Writing: Users authorized to publish at DKRZ
Gateway Administrators

Can you confirm that *not* all users authorised to publish at DKRZ are
able to modify this dataset?

Regards.
Sébastien

--