[Go-essp-tech] certificate updates

stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk
Tue Feb 28 03:08:05 MST 2012

Hi Jennifer,

MyProxyLogon-ESG.jar isn't designed to work in a script but there are alternatives.  Some work has been done on making the jar work without the GUI but I'm not sure of the status right now.  If you install the Globus toolkit[1] you can use the command myproxy-logon to retrieve the certificate.  BADC has also written a more lightweight client to MyProxy written in python [2].  Both of these clients don't have a GUI so should be easier to automate.  Some further details are at [3].  If you choose one of these options we can help you git it working.

Cheers,
Stephen.

[1] http://www.globus.org/toolkit/
[2] http://pypi.python.org/pypi/MyProxyClient
[3] http://cmip-gw.badc.rl.ac.uk/help/download-help.htm

---
Stephen Pascoe  +44 (0)1235 445980
Centre of Environmental Data Archival
STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Harwell Oxford, Didcot OX11 0QX, UK