[Go-essp-tech] certificate updates

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Mon Feb 27 18:30:46 MST 2012

Dear Experts,
I have noticed that my certificates need to be updated about 3x daily in order to keep working 24/7. I would like to automate this process. Currently, I use this command, and I invoke it manually:
> /usr/java/default/bin/java -jar $HOME/.esg/MyProxyLogon-ESG.jar -u jennifer -h pcmdi3.llnl.gov -p 2119
This pops up a little window where I type in my password and wait a bit for the certificates to update.

But looking more carefully at the error message in wget log, I see there is a -o option to feed the script my openID and then it will update the certificates if necessary -- clever! But how do I feed it my password when a cron job is launching the wget script -- will it work if I set an environment variable called 'pass' that contains my password? Or can I just set it inside the shell script that invokes the wget script (see below)?
Thanks!
--Jennifer

#!/bin/sh
pass=MyPasswordGoesHere