[Go-essp-tech] can I cmor extra variable ?

Karl Taylor taylor13 at llnl.gov
Sat Feb 25 10:20:18 MST 2012

Dear Eddie,

For consistency with guidance provided to Aparna at GFDL, perhaps it
would be better to store "table_id" as AmonExtra (rather than "none").
The variable names look o.k.  If your net fluxes are "positive down",
then the standard names should be:
toa_net_downward_shortwave_flux
toa_net_downward_shortwave_flux_assuming_clear_sky

If they are "positive upward", then:
toa_net_upward_shortwave_flux
and please write the CF mail list with a request to add:
toa_net_upward_shortwave_flux_assuming_clear_sky, which isn't currently
listed as a standard name.

thanks,
Karl