[Go-essp-tech] How does "experiment=volcanic aerosol" come to be in CMIP5?

Estanislao Gonzalez gonzalez at dkrz.de
Sat Feb 18 04:39:09 MST 2012

Hi,

If the problem was a copy & paste from the historicalVL experiment, then
you have just to change the description of the HistoricalMisc. This is
done in the esgcet DB, in the table experiment.

But we have a different description for it:
esgcet=# SELECT * from experiment where name='historicalVL';
      name     | project |   description
--------------+---------+------------------
  historicalVL | cmip5   | volcanic aerosol
(1 row)

esgcet=# SELECT * from experiment where name='historicalMisc';
       name      | project |
description
  historicalMisc | cmip5   | historical simulation but with other
individual forcing agents or combinations of forcings
(1 row)

If you have the same description as we do, then the information is
coming from somewhere else.

Hope this helps,
Estani