[Go-essp-tech] wget script reports 302 Moved Temporarily ... for days! [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Kettleborough, Jamie jamie.kettleborough at metoffice.gov.uk
Fri Feb 17 05:41:40 MST 2012

4) now the download proceeds (or not, 403 if the certificate is not
"enough", e.g. if CMIP5 Research group membership is required, and the
certificate doesn't show this)

Hello Estani,

I thought there were other problems that lead to 403 at this stage (or
maybe its an earlier stage). One is if the attribute service times out.
(At least thats how I understood it - but I have to admit I'm not
completely sure).  I think BADC used to see this fairly frequently
(before they limited the number of concurrent requests from on IP to the
data node), and is one reason getting to MOHC data is sometimes a bit
unreliable.  Stephen has more of the details and can correct me if I've
said anything too wrong.

Jamie