[Go-essp-tech] CMIP5 publishing to Gateway and P2P nodes

Hans Vahlenkamp hans.vahlenkamp at noaa.gov
Thu Feb 16 19:38:38 MST 2012

I had some suspicion that the cause might be the fluctuating load on the
pcmdi3 machine.  Restarting our TDS did not seem to help when that behavior
occurs.  Are there any plans for upgrading the pcmdi3 machine to something
faster in the foreseeable future?

Thanks,

Hans

On 02/16/2012 09:14 PM, Drach, Bob wrote:
> I just tried a few tests:
>
> - Download the link below. It took me six tries, then it worked.
> - Restarted the pcmdi3 gateway, then tried downloading 4 different files.
> Each one worked on the first attempt.
>
> Suggesting that the pcmdi3 gateway server is getting overloaded, and this
> interferes with the authentication.
>
> --Bob
>
> On 2/16/12 4:30 PM, "Nathan Wilhelmi" <wilhelmi at ucar.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hi Hans,
>>
>> Have you restarted the TDS, and do requests succeed for a little bit
>> after restarting?
>>
>> We are digging into similar problems with our TDS...
>>
>> Thanks!
>> -Nate
>>
>> On 2/16/2012 5:28 PM, Hans Vahlenkamp wrote:
>>> We are seeing direct downloads to our TDS fail frequently with
>>> "HTTP Status 403 - Access Denied." errors after entering our OpenID
>>> password;
>>> it fails more often than it succeeds.  For example, the HTTPServer link
>>> from
>>> here:
>>>

>>> http://esgdata.gfdl.noaa.gov/thredds/esgcet/1/cmip5.output1.NOAA-GFDL.GFD
>>> L-CM3.1pctCO2.mon.atmos.Amon.r1i1p1.v20110601.html?dataset=cmip5.output1.
>>> NOAA-GFDL.GFDL-CM3.1pctCO2.mon.atmos.Amon.r1i1p1.v20110601.ccb_Amon_GFDL-