[Go-essp-tech] aggregation problem of variable ps

Estanislao Gonzalez gonzalez at dkrz.de
Tue Apr 3 09:35:42 MDT 2012

Hi Serguei,

I'm adding esg-node-dev as this is a node-only issue, the next answer
please remove go-essp-tech completely.

We have been experiencing the same problem. Sadly I can't find the time
to debug it. ps is handled different as it exceptionally pops up in
conjunction to other variables in the ocean realm.
Do you have the following line in your esg.ini?
# Variable ps is located in files ps_XX.nc
variable_locate = ps,ps_

This might solve the issue, though I'm not sure...

Thanks,
Estani

Am 03.04.2012 16:28, schrieb Serguei Nikonov:

> Hi all,
>
> We have persistent issue with publishing ps variable (table Amon) for
> all models/experiments. The problem is that thredds xml files does not
> contain aggregation section for this variable. Publishing process does
> not insert this part for only this variable but when I made aggregation
> section insertion manually in xml it works fine.
>
> There is an example where ps aggregation section is missed:
> http://esgdata.gfdl.noaa.gov/thredds/esgcet/2/cmip5.output1.NOAA-GFDL.GFDL-ESM2G.historical.mon.atmos.Amon.r1i1p1.v20110601.html
>
> This is made up xml:
> http://esgdata.gfdl.noaa.gov/thredds/esgcet/8/cmip5.output1.NOAA-GFDL.GFDL-ESM2M.esmHistorical.mon.atmos.Amon.r1i1p1.v20111228.html
>
> Did somebody else encounter with similar issue?
>
> Thanks,
> Sergey Nikonov
>
> P.S. I tried to send this question to hepldesk atcmip5-helpdesk at stfc.ac.uk  but was rejected
> by the recipient domain. Is it correct address where issues with ESG should be posted?

Estanislao Gonzalez

Max-Planck-Institut für Meteorologie (MPI-M)
Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum (DKRZ) - German Climate Computing Centre
Room 108 - Bundesstrasse 45a, D-20146 Hamburg, Germany

Phone:   +49 (40) 46 00 94-126
E-Mail:  gonzalez at dkrz.de