[Go-essp-tech] Reasoning for the use of symbolic links in drslib

Gavin M. Bell gavin at llnl.gov
Sat Sep 17 22:20:45 MDT 2011

Hey Stephen,

I just read through the wiki post. The DRSLib project is a very strong
project and has done a great job of meeting the stated design
requirements and providing the community with a clean implementation
that allows for parsimonious use of storage resources while providing
the necessary semantic structure for strong fidelity to the DRS taxonomy.

As Stephen has posted before, you can get details on the project at
http://esgf.org/esgf-drslib-site/

Thanks Stephen for leading the development of this project!

--
Gavin M. Bell
--

 "Never mistake a clear view for a short distance."
       	       -Paul Saffo