[Go-essp-tech] standard_name to variable mapping in CMIP5

Sébastien Denvil sebastien.denvil at ipsl.jussieu.fr
Mon May 30 03:54:21 MDT 2011

  Dear Karl,

the file we published on ESG where originally created using "23 August
2010" or "30 November 2010" tables.

But we rewrote them using "31 January 2011" tables where necessary.

For example *all* our land variables has been rewritten using 31 January
2011 tables. So *all* our land files have standard name in it.

I don't know how gateways feed their standard names database. But it
could be that they use CMOR2 tables and not the metadata coming from the
files. This could be another explanation.

------------------------
creation_date = "2011-01-08T01:50:31Z" ;
history = "2011-01-08T01:50:31Z CMOR rewrote data to comply with CF
standards and CMIP5 requirements." ;
table_id = "Table 6hrLev (30 November 2010)
6c116423753a0c320c0cf3e31acd51b9" ;
creation_date = "2011-02-23T17:56:33Z" ;
history = "2011-02-23T17:56:33Z CMOR rewrote data to comply with CF
standards and CMIP5 requirements." ;
table_id = "Table Lmon (31 January 2011) a84ae296f75bb85ff61668fac8fcf090" ;

Regards.
Sébastien