[Go-essp-tech] ESG Federation Gateways - Institute and Model Names

Estanislao Gonzalez estanislao.gonzalez at zmaw.de
Tue Mar 15 08:16:42 MDT 2011

Hi Eric,

"Included in the FAQ are instructions to correct this problem." Does
this imply that this is the proposed solution to this problem? I hope
it's just a work around, manually updating the DB is very error prone.
Why is that data not being harvested at all if it's available? This
somehow encourages DB admins to name the models, and we might end up
with model named differently in each gateway... IMHO this shouldn't be
even possible.

And by the way, the SQL commands order is wrong, at least for PCMDI.
Apparently it should be metadata.resource -> curator.model_component ->
curator.model

Thanks,
Estani