[Go-essp-tech] PCMDI Machines are back on-line

Bentley, Philip philip.bentley at metoffice.gov.uk
Thu Jun 16 03:04:41 MDT 2011

Hi all,

The recent maintenance down-time prompts the obvious question - is there
a mailing list that end-users can subscribe to in order to receive
notification of scheduled down-time (among other things)?  If not, are
there any plans to set one up?

Now that the CMIP5 federation is serving up real data, users are
actively accessing that data (sorry, I realise that's stating the
obvious!).  We had a couple of folks here yesterday who asked why they
couldn't access the PCMDI gateway.  It may have been that a notice was
posted on the PCDMI gateway front page, but it's easy to miss those if
you're not looking for them.

Hence a low-traffic mailing list for such announcements might be useful.
A (better?) alternative I suppose is simply to send out such
announcements to all registered users.

Just a thought. Apologies in advance if it's already in hand.

Regards
Phil