[Go-essp-tech] [esg-node-dev] Use of <metadata> element in THREDDS catalogs

Gavin M. Bell gavin at llnl.gov
Wed Jun 1 15:05:59 MDT 2011

 Hi Folks,

If I may...
I am curious to know what the philosophical issues are.
>From the lay-person's pov (mine of course) I don't see what  would be
wrong with doing so, if it allows us more flexibility with our queries.
I know Charles' use-case pretty well and I don't know why one would want
that process to be less than smooth.  Is the issue of ease of querying
and this metadata sequestration mutually exclusive?  If so... I'd vote
for flexibility and ease of querying.

my $0.02

--
Gavin M. Bell
Lawrence Livermore National Labs

 "Never mistake a clear view for a short distance."
       	       -Paul Saffo

(GPG Key - http://rainbow.llnl.gov/dist/keys/gavin.asc)

 A796 CE39 9C31 68A4 52A7  1F6B 66B7 B250 21D5 6D3E