[Go-essp-tech] ESGF Interface documentation groups

stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk
Wed Jun 1 08:41:02 MDT 2011

Hi everyone,

I have created a wiki page for the ESGF interface documentation groups we discussed at GO-ESSP at http://esgf.org/wiki/ESGFInterfaceGroups.  If you are a direct recipient of this email you are slated with organising one of these groups :-)

Please take a look at the page and amend the description as you see fit.  There is a separate page for each group that is initially empty -- if you want to move the description into that page that's fine.

I have listed interested parties that we identified at GO-ESSP and in  a few cases suggested others (marked as "?").  Groups are  divided into high and lower priority, given that we are all very busy with operational stuff.  However, that doesn't mean we don't work on "lower" priority groups if we have the opportunity.  The main difference is that I suggest all high priority groups to report on progress at the July 21st ESGF telco.  I will be nudging you about this in a week or two.

I also recommend we keep discussions to the go-essp-tech list.  We could prefix discussions with a documentation group tag, such as: "Subject: [ESGF-Registry] foobar ..."

I.e. tags could be: ESGF-Registry, ESGF-Search, ESGF-Security, ESGF-Thredds, ESGF-Model, ESGF-Metadata, ESGF-QC and ESGF-Notification

Maybe very technical discussions could move off list.  Further comments welcome.

Cheers,
Stephen.

---
Stephen Pascoe  +44 (0)1235 445980
Centre of Environmental Data Archival
STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Harwell Oxford, Didcot OX11 0QX, UK