[Go-essp-tech] Latest discrepancies among datasets available from different gateways

Estanislao Gonzalez gonzalez at dkrz.de
Fri Jul 29 08:49:03 MDT 2011

Hi Karl,

I'm checking this, but there will always be discrepancies as the
harvesting gets triggered once every while and not immediately after
changes are performed.

Harvesting is not a cheap operation as AFAIK everything is sent and
then compared to what was already present. This will grow considerably
(harvesting PCMDI already takes more than a minute).

After re-triggering the harvesting operations we have exactly the same
values as PCMDI and BADC (which are at this time 8193).

The harvesting operations are triggered once per day in our case. I
don't think there's a real benefit for increasing this frequency, but we
could do it if it's required.

Thanks,
Estani

--
Estanislao Gonzalez

Max-Planck-Institut für Meteorologie (MPI-M)
Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum (DKRZ) - German Climate Computing Centre
Room 108 - Bundesstrasse 45a, D-20146 Hamburg, Germany

Phone:   +49 (40) 46 00 94-126
E-Mail:  gonzalez at dkrz.de